- Black grouse and Red grouse are
two of the types of grouse that are found in England.
- Grouse are part of the pheasant family.
- Grouse are found in the Americas and in Europe.
- The different sexes are lightly different colors.
- Grouse are not bright animals.
- The most colorful part of the grouse is around the eyes. They get really colorful when it's time to mate.
- They're really popular game birds.
- A brace of grouse is the same as a pair. So if you have a brace of a couple pairs of grouse, you would have eight birds..
- Red grouse populations crash every 4 to 8 years. The cause was discovered in 1999 when scientists discovered that the populations crashed because of parasitic worms.
Grouse Recipe (Just in case you want to shoot some)
Orange Honey Jubilee
- split 4 grouse breasts
- 6 oz. of concentrated orange juice
- half cup of honey
- four tablespoons of lemon juice
- four tablespoons of butter
- half teaspoon of onion salt
- two medium chopped onions
- two tablespoons chopped parsley
- one teaspoon nutmeg
- one teaspoon ginger
1. Preheat oven to 360 degrees
2. Brown the breasts in butter and place in caserole pan.
3. Sprinkle with onions
4. Sautee onions and parsley in skillet while adding more butter. Then, add it to the caserole dish.
5. Stir remaining ingredients together in a skillet and bring to a boil
6. Pour ingredients over the breast
7. Cover and bake for one hour