We're Back and We're Watching Closely!
- Gary Paulsen sent us yet another story: The Beginning. Visit Dog Tails and scroll to The Beginning.
- Iditalearn featured on Iditarod.com!
- Joyce Gardella shares her photo link. Take a look at what school is for Nikolai students while the Iditarod comes through town! Head to Photos and click on the link under Mrs. Gardella's Iditarod Photos.
- Remember Mr. Clay's ride in the dogsled with Matt Calore? Well, Matt's dad has something to say! Take a look at the Blog and click on the comment link under Post Banquet Pre Start.
Mr. Clay's Iditaride!
Ready to Roll!
- Gary Paulsen's story, Tracks, is ready for you to read!
- Joyce Gardella and her students from Nikolai wrote even more information about what they like and dislike about the race (lots of jobs and sights and smells!).
- Mrs. Cater, Mr. Clay and Mr. Paulsen are getting ready to head off to the race start. They leave on Wednesday after school!
Alot has been happening online and off!
- Story #2 is here! Gary Paulsen's new story, Tracks, will be unveiled on the 25th! In the meantime, see how good you are at tracking animals in the snow!
- Nikolai kids had a chance to Skype with Mrs. Cater's students last week. Afterward they wrote up some of the similarities and differences they discovered during their discussion. Pics and writing are all here!
- Mrs. Cater's 3rd graders put together Alaska raps. Hit the video page to see them. And while you're there, take a look at some training runs!
- And, of course there are photos...several EL teachers went to the John Beargrease sleddog race in Duluth, and we've got some shots of Mr. Paulsen, Mr. Lashock and Mrs. Cater on training runs in Alaska!
If you thought the Iditarod only takes place in March, think again! For dog teams and mushers, the Iditarod has been a year-long experience of training and preparation.
The beginning of the race is now four short weeks away, but dogs, mushers and their support crews have been working hard for months already. Even here at Eden Lake, we're busy preparing!
- Mr. Clay and Mrs. Cater are packing their bags for the trip to Anchorage in March!
- Photos from Hatcher Pass, from Denali National Park, and from some sled dog training runs are already starting to roll in. We've got 'em as from as far back as September. Alaska is beautiful in the fall!
- Gary Paulsen wrote us a story about Early Fall Training. Be sure to take a look!